See this Virtual Tour in FullScreen High Definition mode.
The Hobart Gasworks, pictured here, was first turned on in 1857. It produced gas made from British coal that brought the town’s street lamps to life & replaced a handful of whale-oil lamps. These days it’s a Rum distillery & Museum, restaurant & a couple of other shops.
The huge water tank like structure across the road, is actually an 1100 seat concert hall & convention centre belonging to the, attached, Grand Chancellor Hotel.